Simple Perfect World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last DNS servers

4 posters

Go down

Last DNS servers Empty Last DNS servers

Post by j3nny Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:22 am

Hello,

since new patch provided alternate way to connect to the server i cant do even basic stuff in game. I mean even buff or w/e - all thanks to big LAG. Im not the only one who's experiencing it :/ Everything messed up after DNS servers were down & alternate way to connect was provided. My question is: is there possibility to come back to old DNS ?
j3nny
j3nny

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Last DNS servers Empty Re: Last DNS servers

Post by Admin Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:43 am

Will do it later when I back home. By the way, DNS only to connect to server. About Lag, I guess its the isp gateway between your place and my place because my friends staying in Malaysia dont have such lag
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-08-19

https://simplepw.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cybernie Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Admin wrote:About Lag, I guess its the isp gateway between your place and my place because my friends staying in Malaysia dont have such lag

I agree. There are instances that my guildmates are lagging but I am not and vice-versa so that does not mean something is wrong with the server. When things happen similar to that, the closest possible reason could be the traffic on the route from one's PC to the game server.

ISPs differ on routes. So, for example in the Philippines, Globelines subscribers are lagging but not SMART and PLDT users. The most possible reasons could be line congestion on Globelines and for worst, a technical problem. The same is true to the ISPs.

What about for example, when a Globelines subscriber is lagging and another Globelines subscriber is not? What could be the problem? Well, we should know each subscriber is assigned w/ IP address, be it dynamic or static IP. The most possible cause of lagging when nothing is wrong w/in the server could be, again, the traffic on the route where you are connected.

cybernie

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by j3nny Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks for reply Wink I cant explain this (believe me im not network noob =P) - but i really don't know why, on old DNS i had no lag O.o I have traced route of my packets to SirAdmin served - traffic from Europe leads through one specific ip address in Malysia, which is always overloaded. This one coses effect.
Again, i really dont know why - with old DNS i had not such problem Wink
j3nny
j3nny

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddyMon Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:58 am

I actually would love to play in this server but my problem is latency as what jenny experiences. The server connection speed I get is 1400+ms which is not good. This equates to a 2-3 second delay in anything that I do (click on an npc, use a skill, etc.). I am trying to find a way to make the connection faster but am really lost on ideas atm.

I have browsed the forums the whole day today and I see very big differences with the players here from the other private servers - most of them are very friendly. More importantly, I see genuine concern when there are in-game problems. Just like this thread, there are exchange of ideas maturely and not merely ranting like most of the forums I have been through.

I have a character in PW-Vixen but will not have second thoughts of leaving it for this server. I just need to solve the latency issue.
BigDaddyMon
BigDaddyMon

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down